Oversees: Animal Control Division, Community Outreach, Budget, Government Center, Human Resources, Payroll, School Resource Officers, Traffic, and Training
Married in 1997. They have two sons, born in 2001 and 2003. Captain Davenport grew up in the Austin area and currently lives in western Hays County.
Attended Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas
Positions held during his law enforcement career
Captain Davenport began his career in law enforcement with Hays County in 1993. He has worked in the following positions while employed with our department: Emergency Communications Operator, Patrol Deputy, Detective (CID), Sergeant (Patrol Division), Lieutenant (Patrol Division), and Captain (Both Law Enforcement and Corrections Bureaus). He also served on the Hays County Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team.
Professional Certifications/Specialized Training:
- He was commissioned as a Peace Officer in 1994 with Hays County where he began his law enforcement career.
- He obtained a Master Peace Officer certification in 2006, the highest-level certification afforded to a peace officer.
- He is also a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Instructor and Telecommunications Operator.
- Over 2,900 TCOLE training hours
- FBI National Academy graduate class # 259- March 2015
During his career, he received the following career recognition's:
- 1998 – Deputy of the Year, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- 2000 – Law Enforcement Supervisor of the Year, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
- 2015 - Sheriff’s Unit Citation Award
Captain Davenport enjoys outdoor activities with his family including camping, hunting and fishing.