Oversees: Patrol Division, Criminal Investigations Division (CID), Narcotics Division, Warrants and Vehicle Fleet/Maintenance
Married in 1997. They have two sons, born in 2001 and 2003. Captain Davenport grew up in the Austin area and currently lives in western Hays County.
Attended Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas
Positions held during his law enforcement career
- Captain Davenport began his career in law enforcement with Hays County in 1993.
- He has worked in the following positions while employed with our department: Emergency Communications Operator, Patrol Deputy, Detective (CID), Sergeant (Patrol Division), Lieutenant (Patrol Division), and Captain (Law Enforcement Bureau). He also served on the Hays County Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team.
Professional Certifications/Specialized Training:
- He was commissioned as a Peace Officer in 1994 with Hays County where he began his law enforcement career.
- He obtained a Master Peace Officer certification in 2006, the highest-level certification afforded to a peace officer.
- He is also a TCLEOSE Instructor and Telecommunications Operator.
- Over 2900 TCLEOSE training hours
During his career, he received the following career recognitions:
1998 – Deputy of the Year, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
2000 – Law Enforcement Supervisor of the Year, Hays County Sheriff’s Office
Captain Davenport enjoys outdoor activities with his family including camping, hunting and fishing. He coaches Little League and Select baseball.