Thank you for your interest in improving Hays County transportation safety and mobility. Contact information is provided below should you have comments or questions.
Hays County and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) continue finalizing the design of the I-35 and Posey Road Intersection improvements. The purpose of this project is to enhance safety and mobility.
The project has been environmentally cleared and right-of-way has been acquired. The County is nearing completion of utility coordination and design approvals. Construction is anticipated to begin early-to-mid 2018 and take 18 months to complete.
-I-35 and Posey Road Intersection – Removing the existing Posey Road Bridge and reconstructing I-35 over Posey Road.
-Improvements to the Posey Road intersections at the frontage roads including left and right turn lanes and turnarounds under I-35.
-Six ramp reversals – Changing entrance ramps to exit ramps and exit ramps to entrance ramps. Locations include Centerpoint Road, Posey Road, and FM 1102 (York Creek Road).
-Modifications to the elevation of one ramp at Posey Road.
-Conversion of two-way frontage roads – At the start of construction, frontage roads will become one-way south of Posey Road for approximately two miles to York Creek Road (frontage roads north of Posey Road are currently one-way).
- Mid-2013 – Project started
- April 2014 – Public open house
- Mid-2014 – Project revised to include additional work
- January 2015 – Public open house
- 2015 – Development of updated project schematic and environmental documentation
- Spring 2017 -– Environmental clearance
- Early-to-mid 2018 – Anticipated start of construction
- Public involvement ongoing throughout project
- Construction is anticipated to last 18 months.
- Access to cross I-35 at Posey Road will be closed for a majority of the construction.
- Traffic crossing I-35 will be detoured to York Creek Road or Centerpoint Road during construction.
- This project is part of the Hays County-TxDOT Partnership Program aimed at moving projects forward through partnerships and shared costs (County funds the environmental study, design, utilities, and right-of-way; TxDOT funds construction).
- Estimated construction cost is $26 million.
The County and TxDOT want to continue to work closely with the community on this project. Periodic updates will be sent via email, comments and questions are welcome at any time.
January 13, 2015 Open House Meeting Materials
Summary and Analysis
Comments and Responses
Preliminary Detour Map
April 15, 2014 Open House Meeting Materials
Environmental Constraints Map
Project Information Boards
April 2014 Open House
If you are interested in receiving email updates on the project, please send an email to email@example.com with ‘Posey Updates’ in the subject line. Your personal information will be used solely for purposes of communicating information about this or related transportation projects.
For Project Information
Public Information Consultant
512-533-9100 Ext. 104
Return to Main Project Description