Hays County Judge Swears in Newly Elected, Re-elected Officials
Hays County Courthouse, San Marcos, TX –Hays County Judge Bert Cobb, M.D., officiated at the swearing-in ceremony for several newly elected and re-elected county officials and a State District Judge, the Hon. R. Bruce Boyer, 22nd Judicial District, at the January 3, 2017, Commissioners Court meeting.
Also sworn in: re-elected Precinct 1 Commissioner Debbie Gonzales Ingalsbe; newly elected Constables Precinct 2 Michael Torres, Precinct 3 Ray Helm, and Precinct 5 John Ellen as well as re-elected Constables Precinct 1 David Peterson and Precinct 4 Ron Hood; re-elected Justice of the Peace Precinct 1-1 Jo Anne Prado and newly elected Justice of the Peace 1-2 Maggie H. Moreno*; re-elected Sheriff Gary Cutler and re-elected Tax Assessor-Collector Luanne Caraway. Others who were unable to attend the ceremony have the option to be sworn in at a time and place of their choosing.
Judge Cobb told the packed courtroom that the swearing-in was “creating a vow between the individual and the public – a promise to serve faithfully and honorably.” He thanked those elected for “winning the trust of the public” and also thanked those who had previously held office but either didn’t run or weren’t re-elected for their service.
*Note: Judge Moreno was appointed to the position October 1, 2016, as she faced no opponents in the November 8 2016 election, and has served since then.
- 22nd District Court Judge R. Bruce Boyer
- Precinct 1 Commissioner Debbie Gonzales Ingalsbe
- Sheriff Gary Cutler
- Tax Assessor-Collector Luanne Caraway
- Justices of the Peace Precinct 1-1 Jo Anne Prado (right) and Precinct 1-2 Maggie Moreno
- County Constables, left to right, Precinct 4 Ron Hood, Precinct 1 David Peterson, Precinct 3 Ray Helm, Precinct 2 Michael Torres and Precinct 5 John Ellen.