1.)  How do I submit a request for road or roadside maintenance?
Please call the Road Division at 512-393-7385 for assistance.

2.)  How do I obtain right-of-way information from the County?
Right-of-way information may be obtained from the County Clerk's Office.

3.)  How do I find out if my section of road is County maintained?

You can call the Road Division at 512-393-7385 or 9-1-1 Addressing at 512-393-2160.

4.)  Who do I contact to submit a bid request for contract work, services or materials?
The Purchasing Department accepts all bid requests for the County.

5.)  How do I find out when my road/subdivision will be improved (reconstructed/paved)?
Please call the Road Division at 512-393-7385 for assistance.

6.)  How do I obtain a driveway/utility permit?
To obtain either permit, click on the "Inspections-Permit Forms" link on the left navigation or call the Road Division at 512-393-7385 and request a copy of the permit.

7.)  When will I find out the status of my driveway/utility permit?
The inspector will usually contact the requestor within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from the Inspector within 3 weeks, please call 512-393-7385, ext. 29.

8.)  How do I get a copy of the Hays County Subdivision Rules and Regulations?
A downloadable version is available here. You can also obtain a copy from the County Planner located in the Development Services building, 2171 Yarrington Road, San Marcos.

9.)  How do I know if my property is located within a floodplain area?
Please contact the Development Services Division at 512-393-2150 for information about floodplain areas within Hays County.

10.)  What are the criteria for placing signs, temporary or permanent, within the County right-of-way?
Hays County has a "no tolerance" policy on placing signs along County right-of-way. All signs must be placed on private property and must not limit the sight distance of traffic flow.