From time to time, businesses or organizations may seek to hold events in unincorporated areas of the County which would qualify as a Mass Gathering under the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 751 which states:
- "Mass gathering" means a gathering:
- that is held outside the limits of a municipality;
- that attracts or is expected to attract:
- more than 2,500 persons; or
- more than 500 persons, if 51 percent or more of those persons may reasonably be expected to be younger than 21 years of age and it is planned or may reasonably be expected that alcoholic beverages will be sold, served, or consumed at or around the gathering; and
- at which the persons will remain:
- for more than five continuous hours; or
- for any amount of time during the period beginning at 10 p.m. and ending at 4 a.m.
If the event plans you or your organization have met the above requirements, please fill out the attached form and submit your request for a Mass Gathering Permit. Please submit your request within the timeline required for proper review by the Sheriff’s Office, Fire Marshall and Environmental Health Department.
You may download and print this request to submit in person to:
Office of General Counsel
111 E. San Antonio St. Ste. 202
San Marcos, TX 78666
Or submit by email to Tammy Crumley @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the application process; please contact this office by phone at: 512-393-2219 or email to Tammy Crumley @ email@example.com.