Oversees: Jail Operations and Jail Support Services including Building Maintenance, Bonding, Classification, Commissary, Mail, Property, and Visitation.
Married in 1994. They have two sons. Captain Villalpando grew up and currently lives in San Marcos.
2013 - Bachelor in Applied Arts and Science Degree
Positions held during his law enforcement career:
Captain Villalpando began her career in law enforcement with Hays County in 1991. She has worked in the following positions while employed with our department: Receptionist, Corrections Officer, Corporal of Support Services (Corrections Bureau), Sergeant of Bonding/Records (Corrections Bureau), Lieutenant of Jail Operations and Support Services (Corrections Bureau).
Professional Certifications/Specialized Training:
- She has worked as a commissioned Corrections Officer since 1991.
- She obtained her Peace Officer license in 1994.
- She obtained her Mental Health Officer certification since 2006.
- She obtained her Master Jailer’s License in 2009, the highest-level afforded to a jailer.
- She is also a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Instructor.
- Over 4,000 TCOLE training hours
During her career, she received the following career recognition's:
- 1991 - Support Person of the Year
- 2000 - Created the Hays County Bail Bond Board
- 2005 - Corrections Supervisor of the Year
- 2006 - Corrections Supervisor of the Year
- 2007 - Instituted the Victim Information Notification Everyday System
- 2009 - Instituted the Field Release Program
- 2013 - Instrumental in the creation of the Veterans Court
- 2015 - Sheriff’s Unit Citation Award
Captain Villalpando enjoys running, gardening and spending time with family.